Religious Freedom Reference Group
1. To monitor, and report and make recommendations to the Standing Committee on -
2. To develop for the Standing Committee's consideration recommended strategies for ensuring that the freedoms of religion, speech, association and conscience are protected, strengthened and promoted.
3. In undertaking the functions referred to in items 1 and 2, to consult and work in co-operation with the Social Issues Executive, Anglicare and other diocean agencies and, where practicable, Christian organisations and church bodies outside the Diocese, including Freedom 4 Faith.
4. Elected by the Standing Committee with at least one-third of the members being Standing Committee members. One additional member with formal theological training to be appointed by the Archbishop.
5. Current members are -
6. 2 members (Meetings (Quorum, Attendance and Resolutions) Ordinance 2007).
7. SDS provides staff and services, the Diocesan Secretary arranges the secretarial work for the Committee and the costs are met by the Synod.
8. The members hold office at the pleasure of the Standing Committee but retire at the first Standing Committee meeting after the first session of each Synod.
Current as at 8 April 2016
| About SDS
| For Clergy
| For Wardens & Parish Councillors
| For Synod & Standing Committee
For Other Committees, Boards & Councils | Privacy | Disclaimer | Site Map